Hypnosis is a phenomenon that has had many definitions throughout the centuries. One of the most commonly used definitions today is a procedure in which an individual reaches a state of heightened concentration and responds only to suggestions made by the hypnotherapist. In this article, I will talk about what can be achieved with self-hypnosis including making changes in your life, curing insomnia or anxiety and achieving peak performance.
The 5 steps to successful self-hypnosis are:
1) Become familiar with proper breathing techniques as you may not want to be doing anything while you are under hypnosis. It is advisable not to drink coffee or other beverages containing caffeine before undergoing a session as these substances can inhibit relaxation. It is also advised to fast about 4 hours before the session if you had a big meal as it can cause bloating and discomfort which may affect your ability to reach hypnosis. Hypnosis is also not recommended for use during pregnancy as it may stimulate uterine contractions
2) Relax the body. To relax the body, you may want to take a hot bath or shower and then sit comfortably in a chair with your feet flat on the ground and your spine straight but not stiff. You may want to do deep breathing exercises beforehand. Breath in through your nose softly until your abdomen is full of air. Now breathe out through your mouth as if you are trying to blow out a candle. Do this several times until you feel relaxed. Next, you will want to relax your arms and legs. Take long deliberate breaths in through your nose until you feel the weight of your arm and leg on the chair. Slowly exhale through your mouth until all tension is gone.
3) Focus on one thing at a time. As you become more relaxed and focus becomes easier, place yourself into a trance state by focusing on one thing only, such as a flower or an object in the room and just look at it without moving your eyes. Try to hold this image of that object in front of you for about 10 seconds before going into any deep meditation where you will be drifting off into hypnosis yourself.
4) Stay focused in your thoughts. Once you are deeply relaxed, begin to think about your problem and then repeat a single word that fits the problem until you become totally distracted from what was troubling you before.
5) Finally, use the power of autosuggestion to repeat positive affirmations such as "I am confident", "My mind is sharp" or "I am in control" (whatever it is that you want to achieve). These can be said out loud or simply stated in your head over and over again until they become a part of your deepest being.
These are the 5 steps to successful self-hypnosis. As you can see, you do not even need to be in a trance state at all to improve the quality of your life by changing your habits and behaviors. Remember, hypnotherapy is just one tool in your box of coping skills that can help you overcome whatever problem plagues you. So before you close this article and get ready for bed, try these 5 steps out and see how much better your life can become.
Calls: +44 870 126 7021